Job – Technical Support Desk
• The role entails managing technical service-related operations for a company involved with EV trucks and material handling equipment. The ideal candidate would be an individual who is working in a service orientated environment supporting customers incoming calls for information and queries regarding vehicle repairs and project managing these through. A sound working knowledge of vehicles is necessary therefore a level 2 or 3 NVQ in mechanics or vehicle repair is very important. An auto mechanical/electrical bias would be beneficial. The candidate must have a previous or present Vehicle technician level 2/3 NVQ qualification or equivalent. You must possess a good telephone manner, in order to use your technical expertise to support and deliver top levels of customer service to our customers.
• Oversees the skill-set of the field and workshop service/repair team (including sub-contractors) to ensure that all jobs are completed efficiently and competently, within budget, and to customer specifications.
• Identifying skill/knowledge deficiencies within the company in liaison with the appropriate heads of departments.
• Actioning, managing and leading technical related training courses to ensure the workshop and field engineers (including sub-contractors) are fully conversant with all products which the company supplies and/or maintains.
• Leads, manages and records all training activities including employee/sub-contractor training plans, achievements, competencies.
• Manages and supports all customers, project managing issues through to completion.
• Assist the Operations team in developing and growing the After-Sales Service function to give the company’s customers the best possible service attainable.
• Ensure that Protean is constantly updated with issues, actions, WIP.
• Supports, advises and trains (including producing crib sheets) the After Sales team with customer enquiries or issues.
• Set minimum/maximum stock levels for the field engineers’ vehicles liaising with the Warehouse Leader.
• Regular, recorded stock inspections of the field engineers’ vehicles to ensure engineers are able to carry out their work competently in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
• Accept and partake in any and all training (internal/external) provided by the company to upskill improve his/her skill-set.
• Assists the Operations team and/or the Managing Director with any projects which require his input (as defined by the Operations Manager or Managing Director).
• Be aware of new product developments in the area of the company’s remit, providing input and tactical direction to the business on customer service and support challenges.
• Ensuring all work carried out within their remit is done so in a safe and responsible manner at all times, strictly observing all Company and regulatory body Health & Safety procedures including Manual Handling Regulations. Work alongside the Operations, Warehouse and Workshop Leaders as a “Champion of Working Safely” within the workplace.
• A H&S qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH would be advantageous.
• Be aware of EHS regulations and updates, cascading these down to the field engineers (including sub-contractors) and ensuring compliance.
Experience of working in a small team
Experience of leading a small team of engineers and mentoring them on best practice.
Track record of working as an electrical and/or vehicle technician (7 years +) within an automotive workshop or automotive OE environment.
Advanced understanding of vehicle electrical systems.
Recent practical experience of using laptop-based vehicle diagnostic toolsets.
Recent practical experience of working with vehicle electrical diagrams and system schematics.
Ability to plan, organise & control time efficiently & profitably.
Flexible, enthusiastic and self-motivated with good communication skills.